Thursday, August 21, 2008

Round Tables

The game Designers club has had 2 Round Table Meetings that I have attended. One for the club in general, and one for artists.

The first one, for all in general covered groups and their projects. It went into detail on getting onto a group and who should be in what groups. As the goals of these groups is to get a game completed from start to finish so that you have something to put into your portfolio, it is important you get into a group that you will work well in, as well as a group that will complete what it started.

The artist meeting was extremely exciting for me. They are working on practicing doing concept art. Each week we are given a scenario of what a customer might want, and we have to come up with ideas and draw them. As I only found out about the artist meetings the night before, I looked up what the scenario was and whipped up a couple of quick ideas. The ideas I had were well liked, but of course the artwork was not too detailed. I was given some suggestions and after the meeting I got right back to my drawings and started reworking them. Some of the ideas and drawings that people did were amazing! I really felt great spending time with these people and getting ideas from them. I know I am in with kindred spirits with these people.

Anyhoo ... I only wanted to take a break from drawing to get this posted. I want to get more work on this done before I go to bed.

Catch you all later!!!

No comments: