Monday, September 21, 2009

Grades and Next Term


Well, here it is in week8, and have 2 more weeks to go until I am done with Term #6 of 15. Wow. Where does the time go?


So, my grades so far are:


College Writing I: 466/500 (93.20%)
3D Modeling and Animation: 1102/1250 (88.16%)

College Algebra II: 663/730 (90.82%)


For my animation with the mouse, I got a 405/500, which really dropped my mid-A to a high-B. I don't mind much getting a B in my math or english class, but as this is the tool that I will be using in my newly chosen career, I want to do well with it. I do not agree much with his grade, as he docked me points because of the way I compressed it. As we never really went into great detail about compression, I used the same format as 98% as the people in the class used. Everyone but one person had large files that were uploaded that ranged in the 20mb-50mb range, and that last person had it down to less than 1mb. So, I now jsut have to work harder to get that grade back up to an A. The last project, which is worth onl 100 points, will be a teddy bear running across a floor and bumping into a glass table (see the attached picture). Why the last project is worth only 100 points and the midterm one was worth 500 is beyond me. After all, you know more at the end than you did at the beginning and know how to use it better, right?


Anyway ...


For next term I have three classes. One of them is my second English class. My other two are:


Cinematography
This course provides students with an overview of camera dynamics. Topics include camera placement and movement, scene composition, and lighting. Upon completion of the course, students should be able to analyze, identify, and apply cinematic elements in games.

Sequential Art and Visual Narrative
This course covers in depth the elements and techniques of sequential art. Topics include story boarding and scene layout, graphic arts publishing, pencil tests and animatics. Upon completion of the course, students should be able to create dynamic and effective narrative content for a variety of visual media.


Don't they sound exciting? I cannot wait for these class to start!!!


So, that's about it for right now.


1 comment:

Skip said...

Those do sound like cool classes. How many more semesters/quarters do you have to go? When will you graduate?