Saturday, September 12, 2009

Character Posing




This week we took our first steps towards Character Modeling, and that was posing. We were given an already made character model, and were asked to pose it in 4 different manners that looked natural. I played around with it and turned in two sheets just for kicks and giggles. I am happy over all, but think that perhaps I could have done more witht he hands, especailly on the first sheet with the four poses. But I won't know until a week from Monday when I get my grades.

3 comments:

Skip said...

Now that's pretty cool stuff too. When you pose them, do you find yourself posing your own body as a model and try to see what it is supposed to look like, or do you convince other carbon-based models to pose for you? Or do you do something completely different?

David said...

Lol! Aint it the truth, though? Especially the hands. I hate to say that the hands gave me the most trouble, and they still look pretty off to me. It was a very interesting assignment as it made me ook more closely at what I do with my own body as I go about everyday life.

BTW ... did you ever get teh software I sent you? If so, how is it working out for you?

Melynn said...

It looks like fun...nothing like fun while you learn. I thought I already commented on this post, must be hiding. Now you have to do a character using Pickles as the subject.