Wednesday, January 14, 2009

It's a new term!


Not just in class, but in life as well. It is the day after my 40th birthday, and I am feeling great. I was feeling a bit bummed about it yesterday, thinking "My god! I'm 40! And I will be finishing school when I am 43!" But I got over that thinking that at least I am getting my degree.


With that being said ...


School started on a Friday, and all of our homework for week one is not due until the end of week two. So I got all of my week one homework done before the end of the weekend so that there would not be any rush for week two.


I am very excited about these courses that I have this term. The end term projects are not too terribly exciting (I get to design a website for color theory, and for digital illustration I get to design packaging for a product), but it is the mid-term projects that I am really looking forward to. In my digital illustraion I get to design a superheo (will really work on Frankie here), and in color theory I get to revamp the original JAWS movie poster. How exciting is that? I must admit that JAWS is probably one of my top three favorite movies of all time, mixed in with Shawshank Redemption and Green Mile, so this is really exciting. My plans are to turn the water more darker down near the base of the shark and using a gradient to show the transistion between the light blue and the almost black-green that I will be using. And for the black border I intend to use another gradient going from a blood red at the top to a blue to the same dark blackish green at the bottom to simulate blood in the water. My teacher is very enthusiastic about the idea, just as long as I don't over do the blue for the water. Once I have the picture done, I will have to write a 4-5 page report on what I did and why I did it that way. So it should be fun!


Anyhoo ...


That's it for now! Will post my grades once I get them!

No comments: