Sunday, January 25, 2009

It's about time ...


I now have my grades for my first two weeks of school this term. The delay was that because school started on a Friday, we didn't have to have our first week's work turned in until the end of the second week. That meant that our grades didn't come through until the end of week 3. So ...


Week 1

Digital Illustration: 97/100 for a total of 97/100 (97%)

Color Theory: 112/115 for a total of 112/115 (97.39%)


Week 2

Digital Illustration: 110/120 for a total of 217/230 (94.35%)

Color Theory: 252/255 for a total of 364/370 (98.38%)


The courses are interesting and fun, and so I am enjoying this term quite a bit. The discussions are fun and my projects that I have ahead of me are exciting. Even the smalll assignements are pretty cool, such as making a design that seems/feels like it is vibrating. To help me out, I have requested a mentor from work in the Creative Services department. Once I receive one, I will meet with them about once a month and go over how I am doing in school, and see what I have learned can translate into real world experience. I submitted my request earlier this week, so now I just have to wait and see what happens.


For my 40th birthday, Meredith and I had a nice quiet dinner at Red Lobster and then came home. For my present, she got me a Wacom tablet that lets me draw directly to the computer. I am still learning to use it, so I don't have anything to show for it yet, but I will in the near future. It is really amazing, especially when used with the right software. I have tried it in a trial version of Corel Painter X, and the way it uses it pressure sensative screen is AMAZING. Of course, the realistic nature of Corel Painter is also pretty amazing, the way it emulates real paint, it just blows me away.


Yes ... I feel and believe that I made the right choice getting into this career field. I cannot wait to see what the next 12 terms have ahead of me.


2 comments:

Skip said...

Cool. Sounds interesting. So what is the psychodelic picture that you included in the post? It hurts my eyes to look at it for a long time, but for some reason I can't seem to move ......my ....eyes ..........away ....... from...........................

David said...

The pattern is supposed to be using a split complimentary color scheme and is supposed to vibrate when you look at it. Split complimentary is taking a color and looking at it's complimentary color (yellow being my main and purple beng the compliment) and going one step in both directions for your second and third colors (red-purple and blue purple). I only got 80/100 points because the instructor says the picture does not vibrate. Oh well.