Wednesday, October 8, 2008

And my final grades are ....

Computer Applications: 160/160 for a total of 1408/1450 (97.10%)
Success Strategies: 202/230 for a total of 1649/1705 (96.72%)
Introduction to Drawing and Perspective: 1020/1040 for a total of 3352/3500 (95.77%)

For a grand total of: 6409/6655 (96.30 -- an "A")

!!!

My art project got divided between my character sheet final and my story board final. This is what he had to say about each:

Character sheet final
Daivd, This looks good. Progress! The shading turned out really nice. Great touch. Good details. Nice contrast. The write up helps sell the design and shows critical thinking skills. That extra effort along with the attention to detail on shading took the grade from a B to an A. As you move forward I am pretty sure you know what you need to work on. Details. Draw with you see. Proportion. You made great progress in these areas so I am confident that with more practice you will get there! It has been a pleasure working with you! Thanks for the hard work!

Storyboards final
David, This is great! It made me laugh. It kept my attention. Your illustrations were consistent and solid. Suggestion on that end is to try and add more contrast to your shading so there are even darker lines. That will help add emphasis and style. That will come with practice. This solution shows great effort. Excellent progress. And a great ability to tell a unique, funny and engaging story! Well done. Your hard work paid off. You earned this A!! I wish you continued success.

I am feeling very good for myself for doing this well. I was so very afraid of falling flat on my face. And what is even better is what he said about telling a unique, funny and engaging story. I am already reading my books for my next term classes (which start on Tuesday) and my Introduction to Animation book is really stressing the story and the characters (duh, right?). Anyhoo, I will start jotting down my ideas for characters and stories and keep them in a file so that when the time comes, I have plenty of information to draw upon.

Anyhow ...

I need to go and read some more of my books. I love you all and wish you all the joy and happiness in the world!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job on the grades and wonderful progress! I especially like the fact that you are keeping a journal of ideas as they pop into your head. This can really pay off- having the right idea on the shelf ready to pull off and drop into the frying pan will help accelerate your progress, and help pave your way to success! Maybe you can start a drawing journal to accompany your idea journal, just to keep fresh or improve your drawing. Keep working on the drawing/shading and your weakness will become a strength!

David said...

Thank you. I appreciate the insight. I have had ideas for stories and characters since I had my first newspaper route and would day dream as I walked.