Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Next Semester

Next semester starts October 14th, and my classes will be:

Art History: This course provides students with a brief overview of historical ideas and events in the development of the arts. Topics include a review of art styles and functions of art in varying cultures. Upon completion of the course, students should be able to describe major characteristics of art and architecture and identify historical significant artists and works of art.

Image Editting for Gaming: This course covers the basics of digital image editing in creating textures using industry standard software.Topics include digital photography, scanning techniques, photo retouching and manipulation, and texture building. Upon completion of this course, students should be able to utilize layers, channels, filters, and masks in creating efficient textures for use in 3D applications.

Introduction to Animation: This course introduces students to the fundamentals of traditional animation. Topics include the history and principles of animating key poses, timing cycles, and the mechanics of motion. Upon completion of this course students should be able to present a short animation using traditional techniques.

Introduction to Game Development: In this course students are introduced to the history of gaming and the terminologies used. Students will learn both the theoretical and practical considerations governing the development of a game and how these considerations are manifested in the design and development of games.Topics include game history, terminologies, philosophies, and genres. Upon completion of this course students should have an understanding of the basics of gaming and how games interact with the user.

The first class sounds kind of 'meh' to me, as I have had classes similiar to this before. I understand the need for taking this class, but it just doesn't excite me like the other three. The image editting class sounds absolutely exciting. I have been reading magazines (Imagine FX, 3D World, and Photoshop Advanced), and image editting as well as image painting is extremely exciting. I am hoping that this class is the one where we get our copy of photoshop as there is so much I want to try and play around with.

Anyway, I got my grade back for my story boards. I got 250 points out of 300, which is a B/B-. I have a lot of work to do to make my roughs look "not-so-rough".

No comments: