Sunday, September 21, 2008

Frankenstein 13 and Grades

How many people here watch American Idol? I don't, but I am familiar with the judges telling people that they picked the wrong song. What this means is that thesinger mihgthave done OK with their singing, but the song was the wrong choice giving them a lower score. If they had chosen a different song, they would have scored higher. With that in mind, I picked the wrong song when it came to story boards.

This week for art class we needed to come up with a character sheet for a video game character we created. It didn't have to be related to our story boards, but it might help flesh out the character. My idea is for a character named Frankenstein 13, and here is what I posted:

As for a character, I have bounced a comic book hero around in my head for a few years called Frankenstein 13. The back story being that Baron von Frankenstein was real, and he didn't die with his monster. Instead, his body was destroyed and he exists now as a brain in a bottle. The Baron had a following, and they are still trying to perfect the process so that they can put the brain into a viable body. Unfortunately, each attempt has resulted in the brain becoming extremely psychotic ... until now. It is their 13th attempt. the body is that of a massive Mongol. The brain is that of a Navy Seal. Unfortunately, the Navy Seal training kicks in and he makes his escape trying to get home to his family. The Baron and his following are trying to recover their masterpiece and release the other 12 monsters to bring him back.

And this what some of the students thought of him:

George: David that character sounds amazing with that much detail to his back story. Please take no offence; the Oz Theatre of War idea for a game was a cool concept, but man Frankenstien 13 is a game all unto himself and sounds like a much cooler concept. I mean seriously, you just mapped out your whole game progression right down to the 12 bosses. It mixes fantasy as well as modern day military. you could have a field day with this guy. I suggest you pursue some serious development on him, even if it's just a personal game that you have a a showpiece; one heck of a showpiece might I add.

Timothy: I've got to go with George on this one. He's absolutely right. You've got an entire game already mapped out in this one neat little paragraph. By all means... bring the little nipper out to see the world. I think the world is looking forward to meeting him. It just may not know it yet!

And the Professor: An extremely fun and creative idea David. You tap in to the classics but bring a very post modern/pop culture feel to an old story. Clever. Looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

So ... I have one more drawing to do for my character sheet. I will be working on that today. Once I haveit done, I will post it here. I will be redoing my Oz storyboards for the final project (as it was my roughs and now need to turn in finished work), and I will post those as well.

My grades for last week are finally in and they are:

Success Strategies: 60/60 for a total of 527/535 (98.50%)
Computer Applications: 154/160 for a total of 962/970 (99.18%)
Intro duction to Drawing and Perspective: 310/360 for a total of 2022/2140 (94.49%)

Oing great in the first two, good in the third ... just gonna have to work a little bit harder so that I do not lose that "A" that I have.

Well ...

Gotta go finish that last picture!

No comments: