Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Excitement is building ...

So here it is, 8 more days before school starts, and the excitment is building. I am so excited, I made a slight booboo while preparing dinner this morning (crockpotting it). I pulled out a frozen beef brisket, and dropped it in the crockpot with some cabbage. I know I looked all over the brisket and the in the packaging and could not find the spice pouch, so I figured I didn't get one because it was sold as a "beef" brisket and not a "corned beef" brisket. Well ... we just got home from work and I am spooning out the cabbage and the meat, when lo and behold, there was the spice pouch. Meh, I added my own spices, so it will taste good anyway.

Some things that are adding to my excitement as we get closer to my school start date are the job listings online. Checking out the Game Developer adds places such as Disney and NVIDIA are hiring. There are jobs all over the US, and there are even a lot that are freelance. I haven't given freelance much thought, but it has it possibilities.

Another thing that is getting my excitement levels up are the classes I will get to take. Here is a list of all of the ones I need to take for my major:

Course No. Course Title Credits
CAREER MAJOR – GAME ART AND DESIGN
minimum 133.0 credit hours required
*CA101 Computer Applications 3.0
*GA211 Image Editing for Games 3.5
*GA253 Introduction to Animation 3.5
*GA257 Cinematography 3.5
*GA300 Texture Mapping for Games 7.0
*GA301 Game Art Project 7.0
*GA304 Advanced Drawing and Perspective for Games 7.0
*GA424 Special Effects 7.0
*GA445 World Building 7.0
*GA461 Character Animation for Games 7.0
*GA491 Game Art Senior Project 7.0
*GD110 Introduction to Drawing and Perspective 7.0
*GD121 Digital Illustration 7.0
*GD242 3D Modeling and Animation 7.0
*GD305 Sequential Art and Visual Narrative 7.0
*GD330 Game Design Process 7.0
*GD340 Life Drawing for Animation 7.0
*GD341 Character Development and Design 7.0
*GD375 Color Theory 7.0
*GD441 3D Modeling 7.0
*SG110 Introduction to Game Development 3.0
*SG140 Game Analysis and Playability 4.5

Even if I can't make it as a Game Designer, with courses such as Digital Illustration and 3D Modeling, I should be able to get other jobs as well. I have never felt so many possibilities were open to me.

Anyhoo ... in the days to come I plan on posting some of the jobs I have found listed, and maybe even a picture or two of this and that. So ...

See ya around!!!

No comments: