Wednesday, July 30, 2008

1 week and counting!

Here it is, 1 week from from my first day in school. I have requested taht day off just so I can take my time and get a feel for things. I don't know if I will take the first day off for each of the first days of each semester, but a lot of the classes I will be taking look so very exciting!!! Another exciting thing I discovered is some of the places I can possibly get a job with:

EA Games
MTV
HSN
Disney
Sony Playstation
Blizzard
20th Century Fox
THQ

And the types of jobs I can get:

Sports Game Designer
Game Designer
Mobile Game Designer
Video Game Intern
Technical Game Producer
Production Artist
Graphics Designer
Flash Developer

And the cities we could end up in:

Burbank
Seattle
Orlando*
San Diego
Cleveland
Hollywood
New York
Austin

(*I know Mere is hoping for Orlando!)

Anyway ... Mere tells me that she talked with an HR Recruiter today about what I am doing, going to school and blogging and such. First off, he has heard of Westwood College (online and otherwise), which is a good thing. He said if I was attending Bob's Online School, then there might be a problem. But Westwood is an acreditted college, so I picked a good place to be going. Also, he said that blogging is a great idea as a lot of people do this to get their name out there. Once I start having things to show off, I can put them here or in Facebook or Myspace for anyone and everyone to see.

That's about it for right now. I am reading the first chapter or two of each of my books to just be ready once school starts, so ...

I'll be seeing you all around!!!

No comments: