Friday, June 26, 2009

Hades: High School Gym Teacher


It is now week 5, and that means I am halfway throug this term. Once done with this term, it will be 1 year that I have completed out of 3! I am VERY excited about that.


My grades for this term so far are:


Advanced Drawing and Perspective for Games: 449/485 (92.58%)

Character Development Design: 575/609 (94.42%)


In my character design class, I have sparked an interesting discussion with my character turnaround for Hades, Greeek Lord of the Underworld. We were to take a mythological character or creature and redesign them any way we wanted. I thought it would be fun to take Hades and turn him into a gym teacher. As you can see, I made him on the hefty side. I thought it would be funny for one, and two -- what would be more torturous to students than to have the person who is trying to get them into shape be out of shape? The discussion is whether or not the chatacer is believable. Some people argue that it doesn't matter that Hades would be able to take any shape he wanted, that a gym teacher SHOULD be in shape, and so that is the end of it. Others have argued that they have had gym teachers that were out of shape, and it was hell having them make them do sit-ups while the teacher broke a sweat just watching them. It has been a very interesting discussion. Especially because some of the peoplpe arguing against the believability have their own renditions of Gods running around in power armor!


Anyway ... heading to work now.


Take care!

No comments: