Sunday, April 26, 2009

3 more weeks to go ...


And then this term will be done. I am still waiting for a grade from my art class back from week 4, but it seems so are a lot of people.


Life Drawing for Animation: 3236/3522 (91.88%)

College Algebra I: 590/620 (95.16%)

Game Analysis and Playability: 548/560 (97.86%)


Doing good! As a matter of fact, for my Algebra Mid term, I got a 290/300 ... I would have aced it, but I fat-fingered a "9" for a "6".


The picture I have posted is an "environment" picture. Here is what my professor had to say about it:


This is pretty solid work overall. You demonstrate a good understanding of informal composition. You also understand perspective. More refined shading would have put this over the top.


Shading always seems to be my downfall. It will definately be something that I will be working on in the future. I either leave out the shading, or it looks unnatural. So ... practice makes perfect, right?


Also ... I have my class schedule for next term. I will be taking two classes, and they are:


Advanced Drawing and Perspective for Games

In this course students will build upon their traditional drawing skills and apply them to the design of vehicles, environments, and props. Topics covered will include the techniques and materials relevant to generating game design concepts. Upon completion of this course, students should be able to develop final concept art for 3D environments, vehicles, and props.


Character Development and Design

This course will prepare students to create characters with personality. Students will design a character from scratch and carry the process through to the level of detail expected in the animation industry. Topics include brainstorming ideas, elements of character, expression, facial anatomy, ethnicity, poses, costume, accessories and human psychology. Upon completion of this course, students should be able to take a character development project from its conceptual stage to a final end product.


These classes look pretty interesting. Once again I am anxious for these to start so I can see what they are and how they will play out. I am loving school, and as much as I cannot wait to get it over with and move on to a better life with Mere and the kitties, I am really enjoying myself.


So ... that is it for now. I'll be posting one of my reports here, probably, just to show some of the writing I had to do this term.


Take care everyone!

No comments: