Wednesday, March 24, 2010

100th post


Who knew? This is actually my 100th post! I am half way through my schooling and I have made 100 notations about my journey. I am very pleased that no only have I stuck with it and have gotten good grades, but I have enjoyed it! I definately would like to thank all of my family and friends who have been very supportive this past year and a half, and know that you will be there for the next 18 months as well.


So ...


This term is already proving to be as slow as I feared it would be. To keep sharp on my modeling skills, I purchased a tutorial on building a gothic church. I am really enoying working with interiors. If I cannot get into a game company, then I would like to get into something that lets me model interiors. So anyway, this tutorial is very poorly written. It gives you step one, then goes to step 4 and you need to figure out steps 2 and 3. As my wife has pointed out, this is actually then a very good tutorial as it is making me look things up and try things out. I spent 12 hours getting up to one point only to have to start completely over.


Well ... here is what I have so far ...


And here is to the next 18 months!

4 comments:

Skip said...

Happy 100! I hope that the tutorial works out for you. I'm sure you'll figure it out.

The purple church isn't quite doing it for me. I can't say that I have ever seen a church quite like that one. ^_^

Although I can't wait until it's lighted. Then it will probably look pretty cool.

David said...

Thank you. The colors of the pillars and walls and such are all colors that 3dsMax assigns until I put a texture onto the actual model. Just like the previous church I made, I had shots of the actual model before I was finished and then added the lighting and textures. I sure do hope this turns out!

Melynn said...

Like Skip, I am not thrilled with the collars in this image...not for a church anyway. It's a good thing to practice on in your spare time. Looks like it would be very time consuming. How much time would you say you put into this pic from start to finish?

Skip said...

Thought you might enjoy a comic
http://tweetphoto.com/13902531