Friday, January 29, 2010

So many changes ....
















Well, I have gone back and looked at the starting blocks that I had laid for my church, and looked at a ton of screen shots that I had taken to where I have gotten myself to now, and I must say that modeling is not easy, especially if you are easily distracted by pretty colors and exciting designs. I have made so many changes to the walls, to the pews, to the textures, to the stylings, to the models, it just is not funny! I have found that if I make one change to the smallest of details, it can easily lead to me changing a whole lot more! It reminds me of a comis strip of Cathy I once saw ehre she bought some new placemats for her dining room, and then she needed new plates to match, and then new silverware, then a new table cloth, then a new table ... that is how it was with this. Well ... I now have some minor stuff to do, and then I can animate a walkthrough of it. Just adding 2 more doors, a few more pews, and the final lighting. WoW!

2 comments:

Melynn said...

My goodness! It's getting very complicated....the detail! Wow! You could get lost in a project like this for hours and forget to sleep!

David said...

um ...yeah ... about that ... only got 5 hours last night. I have now pushed my system to the limits and am now getting OUT OF MEMORY errors. My system is pretty old, so I will need to get a new one. A new one around $1200 will triple or even quadruple certain areas of my computer, but ... 1) can't afford it for a little while, and 2) all of my programs will need to be purchased again as they will only install on one computer. So ...

I really need to get to sleep, I think.