Sunday, October 25, 2009

Made the Dean's List again .... yay!

Well, I cannot seem to lcoate the sheet that I had written down my grades, but it was all A's in my classes. I do remember for my final project in 3d animation that I had received an 88%. This really bummed me out for I felt that I made the changes as my professor had requested them. I still received an A for teh class, but it was disheartening because he gave my prelims rave reviews, stating that he wished everyone else was where I was at with their work. He was disappointed with the gag, saying that he didn't get it (the bottle flying at the bear). Meredith wondered if he had never seen any Disney cartoons, for the bottle behaved like the brooms in Fantasia. Oh well ... can't win them all, right?

So, this term is going along really well. In my first week, I recieved 100% in all three classes. I am slightly worried about my Writing class as I need to come up with a a 7-10 page research paper by the end of week 9, and I still ahven't picked a topic yet. Not even sure what I want to research at this time.

I am very excited about Tuesday, coming up. I have an appointment to meet with the only person at State Farm headquarters who uses 3dsMax (the software I am learning) and he will show me how he uses it there. If I am lucky, I might even be able to job shadow him for a day depending on how things work out. This could be my "In" to the Creative Services department.

So, that is it for now. More later!

1 comment:

Skip said...

Well, congrats (again)! How many times have we congratulated you for getting all A's? (hypothetical question)

I would like to hear how the State Farm guy is using 3DS also. Advertising? Accident reconstruction? Making silly videos for You Tube? So tell us how the day goes once you are done.